Copies of notes by L. C. Valckenaer
Copies of notes by L. C. Valckenaer:
- 1 (fol. 1). 'De Libro Estherae', chiefly a commentary on the Greek text.
- 2 (fol. 17). On the works of Clement of Alexandria, as edited by Potter: a few critical notes on the Greek text.
(fols. i-viii, 21-51) are blank.
- Creation: written in the second half of the 18th century in Holland
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Lat. th. e. 6, fols. 1-2]
MS. Lat. th. e. 6
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 18536
Copies of notes by L. C. Valckenaer, written in the second half of the 18th century in Holland.
Biographical / Historical
Lodewijk Caspar Valckenaer (1715–1785) was a Dutch classical scholar.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 28167.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The manuscript was purchased at the Te Water sale at Leiden in 1823.
8 3/4 × 6 7/8 in.
- Copies of notes by L. C. Valckenaer
- EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description