Several collations of the Latin Psalter with MSS. and printed editions
Several collations of the Latin Psalter with MSS. and printed editions, almost all apparently in Ussher's hand:
- (fol. 1) 'Collatio Psalterii à B. Hieronymo ex Hebræo conversi, et à Jac. Fabro Parisijs anno 1513 editi, cum alijs exemplaribus MSS18, et impressis': Pss. i-cl, collated in eleven books.
- (fol. 65) Pss. cxxxi. 9-cl (Psalterium Romanum), in five books, with the canticles and (fol. 64v) Ps. cli (Pusillus eram).
- (fol. 74) Titles of the Psalms, in one and (i-xxiv only, fol. 85) in four books.
- (fol. 88) Pss. i-lxxi (Psalterium Gallicum), in five books.
- (fol. 96) Pss. lxv. 8-cl, in six books.
- (fol. 108v) The Canticles, in five books.
Explanations of the symbols occur on fols. 1 (two), 72v (eight for the Psalt. Gall.), 73v (three), 85 (four), 88 (four), 116v (fourteen).
- Creation: Written in the 1st half of the 17th century chiefly by archbp. Ussher
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Add. A. 91, fols. 1-2]
MS. Add. A. 91
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 18457
Several collations of the Latin Psalter with MSS. and printed editions, written in the 1st half of the 17th century chiefly by archbp. Ussher.
Biographical / Historical
James Ussher (1581–1656) was the Church of Ireland archbishop of Armagh and a scholar.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 27719.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The volume is of the same kind as MS. Auct. T. 5. 30, which came in A.D. 1707. It had been acquired by the Library by 1747.
8 1/4 × 6 3/8 in.
- Several collations of the Latin Psalter with MSS. and printed editions
- EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description