Guard-book of papers mainly relating to Oxfordshire
Guard-book of papers, 17th-19th century, mainly relating to Oxfordshire, including:
- (fols. 3-14) vouchers and accounts relating to Bloxham and Deddington, 1633-1649, 1751, 1764;
- (fols. 28-49, 54-67) papers of the Browne family of Launton, 1735-1837;
- (fols. 71-110) correspondence and notes of J. C. Blomfield concerning parishes in Bicester deanery, 1873-1893.
- Creation: 17th-19th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Top. Oxon. b. 294, fols. 1-2]
MS. Top. Oxon. b. 294
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 18178
Guard-book of papers mainly relating to Oxfordshire, 17th-19th century.
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details unknown.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, no. 54628.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by the Oxfordshire Victoria County History committee, 1966.
- Guard-book of papers mainly relating to Oxfordshire
- EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description