Volume of Shropshire pedigrees
Volume of Shropshire pedigrees, 17th-18th century:
- (fols. 1-22) pedigrees with arms in trick, 17th century, corresponding to, but less detailed than, those in BL, Harl. MSS. 5179 and 5848;
- (fols. 23-30) pedigrees, 18th century; (fols. 37-50) genealogical notes on the Pigott family, 19th century.
- Creation: 17th-18th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Top. Salop. c. 5, fols. 1-2]
MS. Top. Salop. c. 5
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 18330
Volume of Shropshire pedigrees, 17th-18th century.
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details unknown.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, no. 55189.
From the library of William Hardwicke of Diamond Hall, Bridgnorth.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought from William Hardwicke's grandson, H. J. Hardwicke, 1921.
Half red morocco, gilt, marbled boards
- Volume of Shropshire pedigrees
- EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description