Journals of Travels with Samuel Rogers
Journals of travels with Samuel Rogers, consisting of:
- Journal of Sarah Rogers, sister of Samuel, in France and Switzerland, 1821, and travelling through Belgium, 1827
- Journal of Mary Rogers, niece of Samuel, in Paris, 1825
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. e. 230].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. e. 230-231
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13433
Biographical / Historical
Samuel Rogers (1763-1855) was a poet. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 45752-3.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The journals were bought from H.F.B. Brett-Smith in 1938.
- 19th century
- Belgium -- Description and travel
- France -- Description and travel
- Paris (France) -- Description and travel
- Rogers | Mary | fl 1825 | niece of Samuel Rogers
- Rogers | Samuel | 1763-1855 | Poet
- Rogers | Sarah | fl 1821-1827 | sister of Samuel Rogers
- Switzerland -- Description and travel
- Journals of Travels with Samuel Rogers
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description