Guard-book of verse
Guard-book of verse, 19th-20th centuries, including:
- Fols. 1-9: Edmund Blunden's poem, 'Mr Charles, of Hull', 1931. CMD ID 10795.
- Fols. 10-20: Edmund Blunden's 'George Herbert's Latin Poems', 1930s. CMD ID 10797.
- Fols. 21-22: Anonymous verse [c.1821]. CMD ID 11122.
- Fols. 23,25: Poems by George Crabbe, 1814, n.d. CMD ID 16463.
- Fols. 55-57: Poem by James Elroy Flecker, 1910-1911. CMD ID 16464.
- Creation: 19th-20th centuries
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. poet. d. 187, fols. 1-2].
MS. Eng. poet. d. 187
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 10795, 10797, 11122, 16463, 16464
Guard-book of verse, 19th-20th centuries.
Biographical / Historical
Edmund Charles Blunden (1896-1974) was a British poet and university teacher.
George Crabbe (1754-1832) was a Britsh poet and Church of England clergyman.
(Herman) James Elroy Flecker (1884–1915) was a British poet and playwright.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991). Vol. 2, no. 46422.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Guard-book of verse, 19th-20th centuries
- EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description