Horarium sive precum privatarum ad horas libellus, on parchment
Horarium sive precum privatarum ad horas libellus, on parchment, compiled from Roman and Anglican sources by Samuel Woodford at Hartley Mauditt, Hants., 1684-1692, comprising:
- (fols. 5-11) preface and 'capitulum de collectis', 1684-1685;
- (fols. 12-32) calendars and tables;
- (fols. 35-169) prayers for each day of the week;
- (fols. 169v-171) night offices;
- (fols. 171v-189) prayers, intercessions and an exposition on the Lord's Prayer;
- (fol. 190) Latin verses by Woodford on his portrait and on the Woodford arms, 1691.
The volume includes a few genealogical notes by Woodford and some inserted notes by J. Wickham Legg. The front pastedown is inscribed 'Liber purpureus. S. W. Junii IV MDCXCII'.
- Creation: 1684-1692
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Lat. liturg. d. 17, fols. 1-2].
MS. Lat. liturg. d. 17
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 16774
Horarium sive precum privatarum ad horas libellus, on parchment, compiled from Roman and Anglican sources by Samuel Woodford at Hartley Mauditt, Hants., 1684-1692.
Biographical / Historical
Samuel Woodford (1636–1700) was a British poet.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, no. 47858.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by the executors of J. Wickham Legg, 1921.
- 'Horarium sive precum privatarum ad horas libellus', on parchment
- EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description