Parts of four [London] port books
Parts of four [London] port books:
- (fols. 1-3) general coastal book indicating ports of destination and origin and cargoes, 19 July-26 Aug. 1566;
- (fols. 4-15) general customs inwards book listing ships, with cargoes and ports of origin, 9 July-27 Sept. 1572;
- (fols. 16-33) import subsidy book listing foreign ships with ports of origin, masters, owners, cargoes, values and subsidies charged, 24 Nov.-11 March [late 16th century];
- (fol. 34) subsidy book listing native importers, 7-9 April [late 16th century].
Several earlier foliations, including one by Sir Thomas Phillipps, indicate losses before and after his ownership of the manuscript.
- Creation: 16th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Lat. hist. b. 4, fols. 1-2].
MS. Lat. hist. b. 4
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 16746
Parts of four [London] port books, 16th century.
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details unknown.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, no. 47823.
Phillipps MS. 11033
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought, Sotheby's, 24 June 1935, lot 122.
- Parts of four [London] port books
- EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description