Guard-book of letters and papers
Guard-book of letters and papers, including:
- (fol. 1) a letter of Cardinal Pole, 1552;
- (fols. 15-28) letters of Cardinal Querini to Gerard Nicolas Heerkens, a Dutch doctor and poet, 1752-1754.
- Creation: 15th-18th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Ital. c. 74, fols. 1-2].
MS. Ital. c. 74
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 16658
Guard-book of letters and papers, 15th-18th century.
Biographical / Historical
Reginald Pole (1500–1558) was a cardinal and the archbishop of Canterbury.
Girolamo Querini (1680-1755) was a cardinal.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, no. 47658.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Guard-book of letters and papers
- EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description