Letters to Ludovico Beccadelli (1501-1572)
Letters to Ludovico Beccadelli (1501-72):
- (fols. 1-236) from Carlo Gualteruzzi, 1534-1572;
- (fols. 237-77 passim) from various correspondents, 1532-1546.
A few letters (fols. 243-6, 251-61, 264-5, 274-5) are addressed to Cosimo Gheri and Carlo Gualteruzzi.
- Creation: 1532-1572
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Ital. c. 24, fols. 1-2].
MS. Ital. c. 24
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 16642
Letters to Ludovico Beccadelli (1501-1572).
Biographical / Historical
Ludovico Beccadelli (1501-1572) was an Italian Catholic archbishop and writer.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, no. 47609.
- Part of MS. DCCXVII in the library of Jacopo Soranzo;
- Bought by M. L. Canonici soon after 1780;
- Bookplate of Walter Sneyd, who bought it in 1835.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought, Sotheby's, 27 June 1932 (Sneyd sale), part of lot 156.
Bound for M. L. Canonici in red morocco, gilt, labelled 'Lettere originali di aut. divers[i] del sec. XVI' on spine
- Letters to Ludovico Beccadelli (1501-1572)
- EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description