Papers of Miss Laurence Alma-Tadema
Papers of Miss Laurence Alma-Tadema, consisting of:
- Letters to Miss Alma-Tadema, 1902-1938
- Letters to Laurence and Anna Alma-Tadema on their father's death, 1912
- Letters to Miss Alma-Tadema concerning I.J. Paderewski, 1915-1939
- Notebook of Miss Alma-Tadema containing observations on Poland, 1910
- Papers relating to Poland and the Polish Victims Relief Fund of which Miss Alma-Tadema was secretary, 1915-1939
- Miscellaneous papers
- Inventories and auction catalogue of the household effects of Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema, c. 1912-1921
- Photographs, many of actors and actresses, late 19th-20th century
- 19th-20th cent.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. c. 790].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. c. 790-793, f. 763; Eng. lett. c. 528-530
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 12003
Biographical / Historical
Miss Laurence Alma-Tadema (d. 1940), author, was the daughter of Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema (1836-1912).
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 45053-60.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were given to the Library in 1948.
- Papers of Miss Laurence Alma-Tadema
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description