Papers of the Webb Family
Papers of the Webb family, including:
- Journals of Benjamin Webb, 1837-1885
- Journals of Mildred H. Webb, daughter of Benjamin Webb, 1871-1876
- Holiday journals of Philip G.L. Webb, 1883-1930
- Journals of C.C.J. Webb, 1877-1954
- Letters from C.C.J. Webb to his mother, 1885-1904, and to his father, 1885
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. c. 726].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. c. 726-727, d. 475-478, d. 1104-1132, e. 406-447, e. 1136-1196, f. 97-100, f. 644-650, g. 214-230; Eng. lett. d. 474, e. 175-194
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 8670
Biographical / Historical
The Webb family included Benjamin Webb (1819-1895), ecclesiologist, and his son Clement Charles Julian Webb (1865-1954), Oriel Professor of the philosophy of the Christian religion at Oxford.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 44750-936.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were bequeathed to the Library by C.C.J. Webb in 1954.
- Papers of the Webb Family
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description