Papers of the Agricultural and Economic Research Institute at Amani, Tanganyika
Papers of the Agricultural and Economic Research Institute at Amani, consisting of:
- Copies of reports sent to the administration in Dar-es-Salaam by the Director of the Institute, Alleyne Leechman, 1920-1921
- Papers of the Director, including monthly reports submitted to him by the head gardener, 1921-1925
- Monthly reports of the head gardener, 1926-1928, with lists of seeds available from the Institute, 1922-1926, n.d.
- Correspondence of the Director concerning the distribution of seeds, 1920-1923
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. c. 714].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. c. 714-716; Eng. lett. c. 479-480
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 12004
Biographical / Historical
Agricultural and Economic Research Institute at Amani, Tanganyika.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 44719-23.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were given to the Library anonymously through the Colonial Records Project (Oxford) in 1967.
- Papers of the Agricultural and Economic Research Institute at Amani, Tanganyika
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description