Papers of (Arthur) St. John Adcock
Papers of (Arthur) St. John Adcock, including:
- Correspondence, 1885-1930
- Manuscript and typescript, verse, plays, short stories, essays, articles and reviews, and lectures, 1882-1930
- Notebooks containing cuttings, from newspapers and periodicals, of verse, short stories and articles, 1882-1910
- Journal, January 1885-June 1886, consisting mainly of notes on books read and on literary matters
- Notebooks containing verse, notes and drafts of short stories and essays
- Album of Marion L. Taylor (later Mrs St. John Adcock), containing photographs, greetings cards and press cuttings, c. 1879-1890
- 19th-20th cent.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. c. 710].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. c. 710-713, d. 1093-1095, e. 1061-1124, f. 627-636, g. 210-211; Eng. lett. c. 477-478, d. 470; Eng. poet. c. 69-70, e. 169-171
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13534
Biographical / Historical
(Arthur) St. John Adcock (1864-1930) was a novelist and journalist. Details are given in Who Was Who.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 44628-718.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were given to the Library by Adcock's daughter in 1974.
- Papers of (Arthur) St. John Adcock
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description