Papers of Ethel Sidgwick
Papers of Ethel Sidgwick, including:
- Letters to Ethel Sidgwick, 1877-1960
- Journal of Ethel Sidgwick on a tour in the United States of America, November 1919-January 1920
- Pocket diary for 1939 used by Ethel Sidgwick in 1941
- Literary papers of Ethel Sidgwick, including manuscript and typescript drafts of works
- Miscellaneous papers of the Sidgwick family, 1876-1953
- Printed material, 1898-1957, including pamphlets, offprints and memorial service sheets
Language of Materials
English and French
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. c. 704].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. c. 704-706, d. 1077-1080, e. 1010-1012, f. 600; Eng. lett. c. 471-474; French c. 45
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13909, 13910
Biographical / Historical
Ethel Sidgwick (1877-1970) was a novelist. Details are given in Who Was Who.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 44410-25.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were bought from O. Weir, Dene Bookshop, Abingdon, in 1975, except MSS. Eng. misc. f. 600, which was given by him in 1979.
- Papers of Ethel Sidgwick
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description