Plays Written in Rhodesia
Typescript plays, written in Rhodesia, consisting of:
- 'To him that hath', by Maurice Rooney
- 'Play with music', by Gregory McClune
- 'Generation gap', by William Philips
- 'The arrow over the house', by Neil Jardine
- 'Through the ferns came the vicar', by Dennis Smith
- Mid-20th cent.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. c. 587].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. c. 587, d. 908
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13822
Biographical / Historical
Maurice Rooney, Gregory McClune, William Philips, Neil Jardine and Dennis Smith.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 44323-4.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The plays were given by the Department of Printed Books in 1975.
- Plays Written in Rhodesia
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description