Papers of Sir Henry Miers
Papers of Sir Henry Miers, consisting of:
- Diary of a visit to Sweden and Russia, 1892
- Diary of a visit to Russia, 1899
- Diary of a visit to South Africa, 1903
- Diaries, 1926-1942
- Letters and papers, 1876-1950, including letters to and from Miers, 1877-1897; obituaries, 1942-1943; letters about Miers, 1943-1950; and 'The alchemist', a paper read by Miers to the Eton College Literary and Scientific Club, c.1876
- Letters and papers, 1895-1941, including autobiographical notes, 1938-1941
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. c. 539].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. c. 539, d. 661, f. 415-417, g. 79-96
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13574
Biographical / Historical
Sir Henry Alexander Miers (1858-1942) was a mineralogist. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 44153-75.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were given to the Library in 1969 and 1973.
- Papers of Sir Henry Miers
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description