Volume containing various royal documents
- Fols. 7-66. a list of crown officers with their fees, made during the reign of Edward VI, with alterations and additions to 19 Eliz. I (1576-7)
- Fols. 67v-9. a summary statement of the accounts of the receivers general of the king's revenue for the year ending at Michaelmas 1628
- Fols. 69v-74. an abstract of lands and rents sold by the city of London for payment of debts incurred by a loan to the King, 1628.
(fols. 74-171) are blank.
- Creation: c.1576-1700
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. hist. b. 187, fols. 1-2].
MS. Eng. hist. b. 187
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 16291
Volume containing various royal documents, c.1576-1700.
Biographical / Historical
Edward VI, 1537-1553, was the King of England and Ireland from 28 January 1547 until his death. Elizabeth I, 1533-1603, was Queen of England and Ireland from 17 November 1558 until her death on 24 March 1603.
Other Finding Aids
Signature of Henry Powle, and four 17th-cent. pressmarks (fol. iv): A45; C.36; Rec. 37; I.U 6; owned by Henry Pelham-Clinton, 7th Duke of Newcastle; Sotheby's, 14 Feb. 1938 (Clumber Park sale), lot 1235.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought, Thomas Thorp, cat. 207 (1938), 213.
19th-century blind-tooled morocco
- Volume containing various royal documents, c.1576-1700
- EAD version 2019 by Alice Whichelow
- Language of description
- Script of description