Diary of Captain James B. Atkinson, 1925-1974
Typescript diary of J.B. Atkinson of the World Council of Churches, mainly relating to relief work in Austria, Korea, Malaya, Hong Kong and Vietnam.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. c. 506].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. c. 506-511
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13628
Biographical / Historical
Captain James B. Atkinson was a member of the World Council of Churches.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 44100-18.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The diary was given to the Library by the author in 1970 and 1974.
- 20th century
- Atkinson | James B | fl 1925-1985 | member of the World Council of Churches
- Diaries -- 20th century
- Hong Kong (China)
- International relief -- Austria
- International relief -- China -- Hong Kong
- International relief -- Korea
- International relief -- Malaya
- International relief -- Vietnam
- World Council of Churches
- Diary of Captain James B. Atkinson, 1925-74
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description