Manuscripts of Harry Blamires
Manuscripts of nine works by Harry Blamires, consisting of:
- 'Repair the ruins', published, London, 1950
- 'English in education', published, London, 1951
- 'The faith and modern error', published, London, 1956
- 'The will and the way', published, London, 1957
- 'The Kirkbride conversations', published, London, 1958
- 'Kirkbride and company', published, London, 1959
- 'The offering of man', published, London, 1959, and 'The Christian mind', published, London, 1963
- 'A defence of dogmatism', published, London, 1965
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. c. 459].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. c. 459-466
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13572
Biographical / Historical
Harry Blamires was an author.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 43957-64.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were given to the Library by the author in 1968.
- Manuscripts of Harry Blamires
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description
- Script of description