Papers of Gerald W. Bullett
Literary papers of Gerald W. Bullett, consisting of:
- 'The progress of Kay', published, London, 1916, incomplete
- Literal translations of the Chinese poems of Fan Cheng-Ta by Bullett
- Translations of 'The golden year of Fan Cheng-Ta', published, Cambridge, 1946, with examples of Chinese calligraphy by Tsui Chi, and letters from him to Bullett, 1945-1948
- Drafts, mainly short stories, many incomplete
- 20th cent.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. c. 354].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. c. 354, d. 495, e. 457-458
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 8789
Biographical / Historical
Gerald William Bullett (1893-1958) was a writer. Details are given in Who Was Who.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 43789-92.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were given to the Library in 1958.
- Papers of Gerald W. Bullett
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description