Miscellaneous political and diplomatic papers relating to Spanish affairs
MS. Spanish c. 14
Miscellaneous political and diplomatic papers relating to Spanish affairs, 1649-1747, including:
- (fols. 8-208) papers of Paul Sixtus Trantson, Count Falckenstein, 1649-1676;
- (fols. 276-394) papers relating to negotiations at Breda between Melchor de Macanaz, Joseph Carnabal and John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich, 1747;
- (fols. 395-516) 'Memorias de Salvador Taborda Portugal Enviado de el rey Dom Pedro Segundo na Corte de França ... Tomo undecimo ... 1688';
- (fols. 519-586) papers relating to the government of Charles II of Spain, including satirical verse and (fols. 560v-83) 'Relacion del reynado de Carlos 2°', 1677-1700.
Language of Materials
- Spanish; Castilian
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Spanish c. 14, fols. 1-2]
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
MS. Spanish c. 14
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 17581
Miscellaneous political and diplomatic papers relating to Spanish affairs, 1649-1747.
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details unknown.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, no. 53030.
Hodgson's, 13 May 1948, lot 554.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Mrs. F. J. Varley, 1949.
19th-century half calf, marbled boards, rebacked
- 17th century
- 18th century
- Carnabal | Joseph | fl. 1747
- Charles II | 1661-1700 | King of Spain
- Macanaz | Melchor Rafael | de | 1670-1760 | politician
- Montagu | John | 1718-1792 | 4th earl of Sandwich | politician and musical patron
- Politics and Government
- Portugal | Salvador Taborda | d.1690 | judge and tax attorney
- Trantson | Paul Sixtus | fl. 1649-1676 | Count Falckenstein
- Miscellaneous political and diplomatic papers relating to Spanish affairs
- EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description