Papers of Beatrice Braithwaite Batty
Papers of Beatrice Braithwaite Batty, including:
- Account of a voyage to India, October 1860-December 1861
- Diary of travels in France, 1863
- 'Oxford in Term Time', journals, 1890
- Account of a visit to Royal Holloway College, 1890
- Diary of a holiday at Oberammergau, with sketches, 1890, and autograph album including signatures of actors in the Oberammergau Passion Play in 1900
- Diary of a visit to Canada, 1909-1910
- Fictional works by Mrs. Batty
- Diary and papers of William Barrow as lieutenant and commander, Royal Navy, 1832-1836, n.d.
- Notebook containing a sailor's collection of extracts, verses and riddles, c.1826
- Journal of a tour into Wales, by Mary Webber, 1835
- Early 19th cent.-1910
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. c. 95].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. c. 95, e. 85-86, e. 102-104, f. 32, f. 41-47; Autogr. g. 2; Eng. hist. g. 2; Eng. poet. g. 2; Top. gen. e. 59; Top. Oxon. e. 182-183; Top. Surrey f. 1
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 12783
Biographical / Historical
Beatrice Braithwaite Batty (1833-1933), novelist and diarist, wrote under the name of Beatrice Stebbing.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 43467-87.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were given to the Library by Mrs. Batty in 1918.
- 19th century
- 20th century
- Barrow | William | Naval Officer
- Batty | Beatrice | 1833-1933 | Novelist and Diarist, author called Beatrice Stebbing
- Canada -- Description and travel
- Diaries -- 19th century
- Diaries -- 20th century
- France -- Description and travel
- Great Britain and Ireland | Royal Navy
- India -- Description and travel
- Oberammergau (Germany) -- Description and travel
- Oxford (England)
- Royal Holloway College
- Wales -- Description and travel
- Webber | Mary | fl. 1835
- Papers of Beatrice Braithwaite Batty
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description