Copies of Plays by Aeschylus
Photocopies and enlargements from microfilm of parts of plays by Aeschylus, including Agamemnon, Persae and Choephoroe.
- 20th cent.
Language of Materials
Ancient Greek, Latin, and English
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Facs. d. 93].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Facs. d. 93-7
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 8166, 8167, 8168, 8170
Biographical / Historical
Eduard Fraenkel (1888-1970) was a classical scholar. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The copies were given to the Library by Professor E. Fraenkel in 1953.
Existence and Location of Copies
The originals are located as follows:
- MS. Facs. d. 93 - Naples, Biblioteca Nazionale II F. 31 fol. 116v-159r
- MS. Facs. d. 94 - Venice, Marc. gr. 468 (now 653?) fol. 78r-79v, Marc. gr. 663 (olim 616) fol. 109r-114v; Naples, Bibl. Naz. II F. 31 fol. 112v-113r, 117v-118r; Florence, Laur. 31. 8 fol. 71r; Cambridge University Library Adv. b. 3. 3 pp. 228, 314, 316, 318
- MS. Facs. d. 95 - Leiden, Universiteits Bibliotheek 756 D. 21 pp. 165-7, 171-2, 175-208, 210-229
- MSS. Facs. d. 96-7 - Paris, Bibliothèque Nationale grec 2791
- Copies of Plays by Aeschylus
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description