Volume relating to Joseph Kitchingman
- (fols. 1-52) copies of letters of Joseph Kitchingman, cloth merchant, of Leeds, 1686-9
- (fols. 53-4, 95-119) accounts of Kitchingman's brother-in-law, William Calverley, attorney, of Leeds, 1696-9
- (fols. 406v-71v rev.) notes of legal cases, arranged by topic, early 18th cent. See BLR, 9 (1973-8), 127.
(many fols. are blank)
- Creation: c. 1686-1699
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. misc. c. 260, fols. 1-2]
MS. Eng. misc. c. 260
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 17315
Biographical / Historical
Joseph Kitchingman was a cloth merchant in Leeds in the 17th century. William Caverley was an Attorney in Leeds in the 17th century.
Other Finding Aids
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought, G. H. Last, cat. 237 (1938), 827.
- Volume relating to Joseph Kitchingman
- EAD version 2019 by Alice Whichelow
- Language of description
- Script of description