Papers of T.W. Thompson
Papers of T.W. Thompson relating to gipsies, consisting of:
- Papers relating to European gipsies, including French gipsies, c. 1911-1937
- Papers relating to gipsy language, including a dictionary, 1874, n.d.
- Papers concerning gipsy folk tales, c. 1910-1943
- Genealogical papers, including pedigrees of gipsy families, c. 1909-1950
- Printed items concerning gipsies, 19th-20th cent.
- Thirteen boxes of lantern slides, mainly of gipsies and gipsy life
- 19th-20th cent.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. b. 342].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. b. 342, c. 762-770, d. 1184-1191, e. 1281-1292, f. 721-758, g. 261-273
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13916
Biographical / Historical
Thomas William Thompson (d. 1968) was a folklorist.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 43227-307.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were bequeathed to the Library by T.W. Thompson in 1968.
- Papers of T.W. Thompson
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description
- Script of description