Part of a manorial formulary
Part of a manorial formulary in Latin and English, sections 257-278 of a larger work, relating to the 'Manor of Hinton March 8 1696' and to the manor of 'A. C.', both possibly in Wiltshire.
- Creation: late 17th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Top. gen. c. 46, fols. 1-2]
MS. Top. gen. c. 46
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 17849
Part of a manorial formulary, late 17th century.
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details unknown.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, no. 54132.
'John Aubrey' written several times on the wrapper, in a 17th-century hand; owned by W. H. Black, Caermarthen, 1 Dec. 1839 (fol. 2); deposited in the Salisbury Museum Library, 1920.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by F. Stevens through E. T. Leeds, 1934.
The original parchment wrapper, part of a deed of 1686, now fols. 1 and 30; 19th-century half calf, marbled boards.
- Part of a manorial formulary
- EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description