Transcripts of statutes and other documents relating to Cambridge University, 16th-17th century
Transcripts, 18th century, of statutes and other documents relating to Cambridge University, 16th-17th century:
- (fols. 3-44) letters patent of Elizabeth I, and statutes, 1570;
- (fols. 44-66) royal injunctions, 1604-1684;
- (fols. 66-82) interpretations of the statutes, 1571-1686;
- (fols. 83-100) decrees and graces of the Senate, 1573-1696;
- (fols. 101-121) decisions of heads of houses, 1570-1690.
(fols. 122-174) are blank.
- Creation: 18th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Top. Camb. e. 3, fols. 1-2]
MS. Top. Camb. e. 3
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 17790
Transcripts, 18th century, of statutes and other documents relating to Cambridge University, 16th-17th century.
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details unknown.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, no. 53859.
'Bought from Stevenson bookseller Cambridge 1832. T. Dawson' (fol. 2v); bookplate of Thomas Dawson; owned by F. P. Morrell, shelfmark A5 30.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought from the executors of Mrs F. P. Morrell, 1925.
Quarter calf, rebacked
- Cambridge University (Organisation)
- Elizabeth I | 1533-1603 | Queen of England and Ireland (Person)
- Transcripts of statutes and other documents relating to Cambridge University, 16th-17th century
- EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description