Records of the Windham Club
Records of the Windham Club, consisting of:
- Minute books, 1849-1954
- Agenda for meetings of the general committee and house sub-committee, 1874-1917
- Minutes of general meetings and of committee meetings, 1869-1945
- Minutes of house committee meetings, 1874-1940
- Book of the rules of the club, 19th cent.
- Rules and bye-laws of the Windham Club, 13 St. James's Square. September, 1944, with The Marlborough-Windham Club. Rules and list of members, 1947
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. b. 49].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. b. 49-64, b. 405-406, c. 853, d. 367-433, f. 847/1-2
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13536, 13537
Biographical / Historical
The Windham Club later became the Marlborough-Windham Club, Pall Mall.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 42155-242.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The records were given to the Library in 1954 and 1978.
- Records of the Windham Club
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description