Papers of Jacob Hagen & Sons, Merchants
Papers relating mainly to the business of Jacob Hagen & Sons, including:
- Accounts, 1716-1801
- Letter-book of Jacob Hagen II, 1743-1761
- Diaries of Jacob Hagen II, 1752, 1780-1790
- Account book of Jacob Hagen II for domestic expenses, 1785-1788
- Copies of letters relating to the affairs of the Pennsylvania Land Company, London, 1723-1742
- Copies of deeds and papers relating to the Echunga Estate, South Australia, 1840-1753
- Notes relating to commodities in South Australia, c.1841-1842
- Miscellaneous papers and letters of the Hagen family, 1740-1843
- Memento 'printed upon the ice, on the River Thames', 14 February 1740, with the name 'Jacob Hagen, Jun.'
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. b. 40].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. b. 40-41, b. 43, c. 250-254, c. 283-287, d. 270, f. 77
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 7193
Biographical / Historical
Jacob Hagen & Sons, merchants of London.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 42135-49.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were acquired by the Library, 1937-1947.
- Papers of Jacob Hagen & Sons, Merchants
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description