Collection of drawings, mainly topographical
Collection of drawings, mainly topographical, including:
- (fols. 2-16) sketches of antiquities, animals and buildings by J. W. Archer;
- (fol. 21) plan by Philip Hardwick for alterations to the Bishop's Palace, Hereford;
- (fol. 30) design by Thomas Rickman for a reading desk at Wednesbury church, Staffs.
- Creation: 19th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Top. gen. c. 78, fols. 1-2]
MS. Top. gen. c. 78
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 10674
Collection of drawings, mainly topographical, 19th century.
Biographical / Historical
John Wykenham Archer(1806–1864) was an English printmaker and watercolour painter.
Philip Hardwick (1792–1870) was an English architect.
Thomas Rickman(1776–1841) was an English architect.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, no. 54156.
Bookplate of William Twopeny.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought from Blackwell's, 1966.
Half brown morocco, gilt
- Collection of drawings, mainly topographical
- EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description