Guard-book of miscellaneous papers
Guard-book of miscellaneous papers, 17th-20th century, including:
- (fols. 4-12) draft by William Stukeley of Itinerarium curiosum (1724), pp. 60, 132-142;
- (fols 33-36) drawings of shields by O. Jewitt;
- (fols. 42-100) genealogy of the Whitfield family, 12th-20th century, by Mary L. Whitfield, 1962;
- (fols. 110-127) xerographic copy of typescript autobiography of Mrs. Florrie Davis (born 1892) as a child and in service in Warwickshire and Oxfordshire, 1969.
- Creation: 17th-20th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Top. gen. c. 40, fols. 1-2]
MS. Top. gen. c. 40
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 8357, 9810, 17845, 17846
Guard-book of miscellaneous papers, 17th-20th century.
Biographical / Historical
William Stukeley (1687–1765) was an English antiquary and natural philosopher.
(Thomas) Orlando Sheldon Jewitt (1799–1869) was an English engraver.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, no. 54129.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Guard-book of miscellaneous papers
- EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description