Correspondence of Major W.M.C.D. Caillard
Correspondence of Major Caillard, consisting of:
- Letters to his parents, 1893-1896, with miscellaneous letters to Major Caillard, 1876-1890
- Letters to his mother, 1897-1901
- Letters to his mother from South Africa, 1900-1903
- Letters from his parents, 1884-1907
- Miscellaneous letters to Major Caillard, 1901-1909
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. lett. e. 14].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. lett. e. 14-24
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 12831
Biographical / Historical
Major William Maurice Copland Duquesne Caillard was of the 5th Royal Irish Lancers and the 7th Dragoon Guards.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 41802-12.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The correspondence was given to the Library by Major Caillard in 1945.
- Correspondence of Major W.M.C.D. Caillard
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description
- Script of description