Guard-book of Italian letters and papers
Guard-book of letters and papers, including:
- (fols. 1-4) two letters of Cosimo III, Grand Duke of Tuscany, 1676.
- (fol. 5) pedigree of Mistruzzi di Frisinga
- (fols. 22-43) brief account by Enrico Vallini, 1929, of the early development of the city of Rome, with four plans
- (fols. 44-53) 'Musica Dimensionale' by Edgardo Nenci, 1967
- (fols. 58-59) letter of Jacopo Facciolati, 1759 (formerly part of Phillipps MS. 16437)
- Creation: 17th-20th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Ital. c. 69, fols. 1-2].
MS. Ital. c. 69
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 8345, 8389, 10875, 16653, 16654
Guard-book of Italian letters and papers, 17th-20th century.
Biographical / Historical
Cosimo III de Medici (1642–1723) was the Grand Duke of Tuscany from 1670 to 1723.
Jacopo Facciolati (1682-1769) was an Italian philologist who taught at Padua seminary.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, no. 47654.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Guard-book of Italian letters and papers
- EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description