Volume containing works by several professors of Salamanca University
Volume containing works by several professors of Salamanca University, 1592-c.1610, containing:
- (fols. 1-239) 'Annotationes in octo phisicorum libros Aristotelis', by Francisco Pacheco, 1597-1599;
- (fols. 240-281, 295-309) seven short treatises in Spanish and Latin by Rodrigo de Soria, professor of medicine (1591-1610), with a number of medical recipes;
- (fols. 282-294) 'Liber primus de generatione et corruptione explicandus' by M. A. Mexia, 1592.
- Creation: 1592-c.1610
Language of Materials
- Spanish; Castilian
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Lat. misc. e. 95, fols. 1-2].
MS. Lat. misc. e. 95
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 8045
Volume containing works by several professors of Salamanca University, 1592-c.1610.
Biographical / Historical
Francisco Pacheco (1564-1644) was a Spanish artist, poet, art theorist.
Rodrigo de Soria (fl. 1591-1610) was a Spanish professor of medicine.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, no. 47998.
Remains of a number in red paint '[35?]3' on spine, as found in manuscripts from the Saibante collection of Verona; Sotheby's, 14 March 1825 (Luigi Celotti sale), lot 31; Phillipps MS. 892; Sotheby's, 17 May 1897, lot 18.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Owned by R. P. Hardie, and given by his family, 1953.
- Volume containing works by several professors of Salamanca University
- EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description