Guard-book of papers and letters
MS. Don. c. 42
Guard-book of papers and letters, including:
- (fols. 1-5) four documents concerning the treatment of prisoners held by the royalists in Oxford Castle, 1643
- (fol. 19) indulgence granted by Paul de Caputgrassis de Sulmona, papal collector in England, to Margaret, wife of John Symson, 1414
- (fols. 20-33) William Latymer, 'A brief treatise or cronickille of the moste vertuous Ladye Anne Bulleyne late Quene of Englande', with a preface addressed to Queen Elizabeth, 16th cent.
- (fols. 34-9) copy of Nicholas Ridley's disputation at Oxford, 17 April 1554 (here dated 20 April), 16th cent.
- (fol. 40) testimonial in Italian for Tempo da Empoli from Piero II de' Medici, addressed to Francesco di Giuliano de' Medici, 1483
- 15th-17th cent.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Don. c. 42, fols. 1-2]
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
MS. Don. c. 42
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 7417, 8050, 7551, 16785, 16787
Guard-book of papers and letters, 15th-17th century
Biographical / Historical
Paul de Caputgrassis de Sulmona, was a papal collector in England. William Latymer, 1498/9-1583, was the dean of Peterborough and biographer of Anne Boleyn.
Other Finding Aids
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by the Friends of the Bodleian and Bodley's American Friends, 1931-71.
- Guard-book of papers and letters
- EAD version 2019 by Alice Whichelow
- Language of description