Memoirs of Sir Gilbert Talbot
Memoirs of Sir Gilbert Talbot:
- (fols. 1-6) 'A narrative of the Venetians tender of assistance to K. Charles 1st in his Civil Wars ...', printed in H. Ellis, Original letters illustrative of English history, 2nd series, iii (London, 1827), 317-22
- (fols. 8-21) account of Talbot's transactions at the Danish court, 1665, printed in Archaeologia, 22 (1829), 33-48
- (fols. 23-35) memoir on the Jewel House, 1680, printed in Archaeologia, 22 (1829), 114-23
- (fols. 36-49) account of Blud's attempt to steal the crown jewels, printed in J. Strype's continuation of J. Stow, Survey of the cities of London and Westminster (London, 1720), 92-6.
- Creation: late 17th cent.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. hist. c. 312, fols. 1-2].
MS. Eng. hist. c. 312
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 7406
Memoirs of Sir Gilbert Talbot, late 17th-century.
Biographical / Historical
Sir Gilbert Talbot (c. 1606–1695) was a politician.
Other Finding Aids
Sotheby's, 5 July 1855 (M. J. Routh sale), lot 208.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Mrs. F. J. Varley, 1949.
19th-cent. vellum binding
- Memoirs of Sir Gilbert Talbot, late 17th-century
- EAD version 2019 by Alice Whichelow
- Language of description
- Script of description