Papers of the Oxford Antiquaries Dining Club
Minute books, account books, papers relating to events, photographs and correspondence of the Oxford Antiquaries Dining Club since its establishment in 1955 to 2005.
0.97 Linear meters (7 physical shelfmarks)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark, e.g. MS. 15869/1].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 15869
Papers of the Oxford Antiquaries Dining Club, 1955-2017.
Biographical / Historical
The Oxford Antiquaries Dining Club was founded in 1955 to provide Fellows of the Society of Antiquaries living in Oxford with an informal setting to discuss a range of topics. The first dinner of the Club was held at New College on 3 May 1955, at the invitation of the Vice-Chancellor, Mr A.H. Smith. Since then the Club's members met regularly in Michaelmas and Hilary terms with either a dinner or an excursion in Trinity Term.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by the Oxford Antiquaries Dining Club, 20 February 2019.
- Catalogue of the papers of the Oxford Antiquaries Dining Club
- Finding aid prepared by Jen Patterson