Additional papers of the Oxford and Cambridge Musical Club
Additional archival material of the Oxford and Cambridge Musical Club, including concert programmes with indexes, minute books and other papers.
2.0 Linear metres (16 physical shelfmarks)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. Dep. d. 999].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
Dep. c. 1300-1305, d. 999-1007 and e. 654
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 15739
Additional papers of the Oxford and Cambridge Musical Club, 1899-1999.
Biographical / Historical
The Oxford and Cambridge Musical Club was founded in 1899, as a residential gentleman's club in London, open to past and present members of Oxford University and Cambridge University. Its original purpose was the performance of chamber music, but this has expanded over the years to include solo instrumental music, vocal music and orchestral music. Its first premises were at 47 Leicester Square, but from 1914 to 1940 the Club was situated at 6 Bedford Square. At present its regular venue for concerts is University College, London. The Club is still in existence and is currently run in association with the University College London Chamber Music Club. Further information and a selection of digitised material from the archive can be found on the Club's website.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated on behalf of the Oxford and Cambridge Musical Club by Michael Crowe, July 2013.
- 20th century
- Concerts -- England -- London
- Music -- Societies, etc
- Oxford and Cambridge Musical Club
- Universities and colleges -- England -- Cambridge -- Societies
- Universities and colleges -- England -- Oxford -- Societies
- University of Cambridge -- Societies, etc.
- University of Oxford -- Societies, etc.
- Catalogue of the additional papers of the Oxford and Cambridge Musical Club, 1899-1999
- Finding aid prepared by Margaret Czepiel
- Language of description