Guard-book of miscellaneous documents and letters, 15th-19th century
Guard-book of miscellaneous documents and letters, 15th-19th century, including:
- (fol. 1) Document relating to the negotiation of the treaty between England and France, 1411. CMD ID 16480.
- (fols. 8-9) 32 Quartiers de Marie Anne Tancrede de Hauteville. CMD ID 7322.
- (fol. 16) Letter to M. Thierry, counsellor of Duke of Burgundy [c.1420]. CMD ID 8519, CMD ID 8341.
- (fol. 17) Plea to Archbishop of Rouen, 18th century. CMD ID 8926
- (fols. 18-26) Official letters, signed by R. L. de Voyer, Comte d'Argenson, to F. C. Le Tellier, Marquis de Courtanvaux, 1743-1747. CMD ID 16482.
- (fols. 28-31) 4 documents signed by Henri IV, 1587, Louis XIV, 1655, Louis XV, 1765, and Louis XVI, 1777. CMD ID 9183.
- Creation: 15th-19th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. French b. 3, fols. 1-2].
MS. French b. 3
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 7322, 8341, 8519, 8926, 9183, 16480, 16482
Guard-book of miscellaneous documents and letters, 15th-19th century.
Biographical / Historical
Marc-Pierre de Voyer, comte d'Argenson (1696-1764) was a French magistrate and politician.
Henri IV (1553-1610) was the King of Navarre 1572-1610 and the King of France 1589-1610.
Louis XIV (1638-1715) was the King of France 1643-1715.
Louis XV (1710-1774) was the King of France 1715-1774.
Louis XVI (1754-1793) was the King of France 1774-1791.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991). Vol. 2, no. 47152.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Acquired, 1935-60. Fol.1: Phillipps MS. 36218; bought, Sotheby's, 24 June 1935, lot 163.
- Henri IV | 1553-1610 | King of France and Navarre (Person)
- Louis XIV | 1638-1715 | King of France (Person)
- Louis XV | 1710-1774 | King of France (Person)
- Louis XVI | 1754-1793 | King of France (Person)
- Voyer | Marc-Pierre | de | 1696-1764 | Comte d'Argenson | French magistrate and politician (Person)
- Hauteville | Marie Anne | Tancrede | de (Person)
- Tellier | François-César | Le | 1718-1781 | Marquis de Courtanvaux | French soldier and scientist (Person)
- Guard-book of miscellaneous documents and letters, 15th-19th century
- EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description