Guard-book of letters and papers
Guard-book of letters and papers, including:
- (fols. 1-32, 79-80) letters of Henry St. John, Viscount Bolingbroke, 1712-1725
- (fol. 39) drawing of Hotel des Invalides, 1747
- (fols. 60-73) letters from Georges Lefebvre to J. M. Thompson, 1932-51
- (fols. 82-143) letters concerning the death of Cardinal Fleury, 1743
- Creation: 13th-20th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. French d. 18, fol. 1-2].
MS. French d. 18
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 7320, 9219, 10768, 16492, 16493
Guard-book of letters and papers, 13th-20th century.
Biographical / Historical
Henry St John, Viscount Bolingbroke (1678–1751) was a British politician, diplomatist, and author.
Georges Lefebvre (1874-1959) was a French professor of history at the Sorbonne (Paris) and a specialist of the French Revolution.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, no. 47201.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Guard-book of letters and papers
- EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description