Papers of Lady Frances Russell
Correspondence and papers of Lady Frances Russell, consisting of:
- Letters from Lady Russell to her sons, George and Francis, 1858-1868, 1891-1897
- Letters from Lady Russell to Gertrude, wife of Francis Russell, 1891-1897
- Correspondence between members of the Russell family, 1867-1897
- Copies of the will of Lord John Russell, 1849, 1869
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. lett. d. 271].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. lett. d. 271, e. 111-115; Eng. misc. b. 100
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13441
Biographical / Historical
Lady Frances Anna Maria Russell (1815-1898) was second wife of Lord John Russell, 1st Earl Russell. Details for her husband are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 41709-15.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were bought from Mrs Margaret Lloyd in 1969.
- 19th century
- Russell | Frances Anna Maria | 1815-1898 | 2nd wife of Lord John Russell 1st Earl Russell
- Russell | Francis Albert Rollo | 1849-1914
- Russell | George Gilbert William | 1848-1933
- Russell | Gertrude Ellen Cornelia | d 1942 | nee Joachim
- Russell | John | 1792-1878 | Lord 1st Earl Russell | statesman
- Papers of Lady Frances Russell
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description