Four Tracts relating to the Church of England, 1640
Four tracts concerning the Church of England:
- (pp. 1-4) 'Motions for reformeing of the Church of England this present parliament, December '
- (pp. 5-18) 'February . Objections aboute the hierarchie answered in Parliament pro et cont.'
- (pp. 21-58) 'The opinion or advice of Mr. Dumoulyn to one of the knights of the sheire for Lancasheire concerninge episcopacy'
- (pp. 59-85) 'The Bishop of Armaghes direcion to the house of parliament concerning the lithurgie and episcopall government ... ', differing slightly from the published version (London, 1642).
- Creation: 1640
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. hist. c. 303, pp. 1-2].
MS. Eng. hist. c. 303
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 7169
Four Tracts relating to the Church of England, 1640.
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details unknown.
Other Finding Aids
Thomas Thorpe, 1836 catalogue, supplement, item 134; Phillipps MS. 10130; Sotheby's, 19 June 1893, lot 129; Sotheby's, 14 Feb. 1927 (W. A. Lindsay sale), lot 220.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought, G. H. Last, cat. 270 (1947), 209.
blue paper boards, rebacked
- Four Tracts relating to the Church of England, 1640
- EAD version 2019 by Alice Whichelow.
- Language of description
- Script of description