Archive of Cardinal Henry Edward Manning and members of his family
Correspondence and papers of Cardinal Henry Edward Manning and members of his family, 1751-1901:
- Correspondence and family papers, 1751-1901.
- H.E. Manning's notebooks and miscellaneous papers, 1806-1850.
- Letterbook and journal of John Baker, 1749-1774.
3.74 Linear metres (34 physical shelfmarks)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. lett. c. 651, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. lett. b. 37, c. 651-664, d. 526-527; misc. c. 873-876, d. 1278-1280, e. 1393-1399, f. 852-853, g. 355
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13230
Papers of Cardinal Henry Edward Manning (1808-1892) and members of his family, 1751-1901.
Biographical / Historical
Henry Edward Manning (1808–92), was a Roman Catholic convert and cardinal-archbishop of Westminster. For further details see Oxford Dictionary of National Biography.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given, with MS. Eng. lett. c. 650, fols. 3-8, by the Oblates of the Society of St. Charles, Bayswater, 1982.
- Catalogue of the archive of Cardinal Henry Edward Manning and members of his family, 1751-1901
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Conversion to EAD supported by the Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation