Letters to Robert B. Martin with letters of Charles Kingsley collected by Martin
Letters to Robert B. Martin, 1962-85, including letters from:
- Elizabeth Bowen, 1970-2.
- Robert Downs, 1974-81.
- Iris Murdoch and John Bayley, 1962-80, n.d.
- T.S. Eliot, n.d.
- Sir John Gielgud, n.d.
Letters of Charles Kingsley, 1847-[1850?], collected as autographs.
- Creation: 1847-[1850?], 1962-85
0.3 Linear metres (2 physical shelfmarks)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark, e.g. MS. Eng. c. 6762]
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. c. 6762-3
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 12494
Letters to Robert Martin, 1962-1985, and letters of Charles Kingsley, 1847-[1850?], collected as autographs.
Biographical / Historical
Robert Bernard Martin (1918-1999), scholar of English literature.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given to the Library by Robert B. Martin in 1997.
- Bowen | Elizabeth Dorothea Cole | 1899-1973 | afterwards Cameron | novelist (Person)
- Eliot | Thomas Stearns | 1888-1965 | poet (Person)
- Gielgud | Sir | Arthur John | 1904-2000 | Knight | actor and theatre director (Person)
- Haworth | Robert Downs | 1898-1990 | chemist (Person)
- Kingsley | Charles | 1819-1875 | Canon of Westminster and author (Person)
- Martin | Robert Bernard | 1918-1999 (Person)
- Murdoch | Dame | Iris | 1919-1999 | novelist and philosopher (Person)
- Catalogue of letters to Robert B. Martin with Letters of Charles Kingsley collected by Martin
- EAD version 2017
- Language of description
- Script of description