Records of the Oxford and Cambridge Musical Club
The records comprise a rule book, registers of members, a candidates book, a cash book, programmes and photographs.
1.85 linear metres (12 physical shelfmarks)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. Dep. c. 958, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
Dep. c. 958-68, e. 487
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 15800
Membership records, financial records and programmes of the Oxford & Cambridge Musical Club, 1899-1954
Biographical / Historical
The Oxford and Cambridge Musical Club was founded in 1899, as a residential gentleman's club in London, open to past and present members of Oxford University and Cambridge University. Its original purpose was the performance of chamber music but this has expanded over the years to include solo instrumental music, vocal music and orchestral music. Its first premises were at 47 Leicester Square but from 1914 to 1940 the club was situated at 6 Bedford Square. At present its regular venue for concerts is University College, London. The club is still in existence and is currently run in association with the University College London Chamber Music Club.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Catalogue of the records of the Oxford and Cambridge Musical Club, 1899-1954
- Finding aid prepared by C. Parker
- Language of description
- Script of description