Papers of the Parsons and Thomson families of Oxford
Papers of the Parsons and Thomson families of Oxford, 1814-1906 including papers relating to the Old Bank, High Street, Oxford; diaries of John Parson II (1779-1869), 1831, 1838, 1840-1, 1843-6, 1849, 1857-60, 1863-5; diaries of Elizabeth, wife of John Parsons II, 1823, 1827; accounts of the executors of John Parsons I (1752-1814); contemporary copy of the will of James Thomson, 1832; and copies of papers relating to the wills of the three unmarried sisters of John Thomson (1835-1922), Sarah (d. 1893), Mary Ann (d. 1898), and Elizabeth (d. 1906).
2.6 Linear metres (28 physical shelfmarks)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Top. Oxon. c. 828, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Top. Oxon. c. 828-33, f. 105-6, g. 22-39
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 12439
Papers of the Parsons and Thomson families of Oxford, 1814-1906.
Biographical / Historical
The Parsons and Thomson families of Oxford.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Sir John Thomson, 1981.
- 19th century
- 20th century
- Banks and banking -- Great Britain -- Oxford
- Diaries -- 19th century
- Old Bank -- Oxford
- Parsons | Elizabeth | fl 1823-1827
- Parsons | Family | Oxford
- Parsons | John | 1752-1814 | Banker
- Parsons | John | 1779-1869
- Thomson | Elizabeth | d.1906
- Thomson | Family | Oxford
- Thomson | James | d.? 1832
- Thomson | Mary Ann | d.1893
- Thomson | Sarah | d. 1893
- Papers of the Parsons and Thomson families of Oxford, 1814-1906
- EAD version 2017
- Language of description