Archive of Sir Willoughby Hyett Dickinson, later Baron Dickinson, concerning the League of Nations movement in England
Papers relating to the League of Nations movement.
- Creation: 1914-1940
1.05 Linear metres (6 physical shelfmarks)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. Hist. c. 402, fols. 1-2].
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. Hist. c. 402-407
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 10426
The archive includes papers and pamphlets by Dickinson and others, and papers of the League of Nations Society and the League to Enforce Peace.
Biographical / Historical
Willoughby Hyett Dickinson, 1st Baron Dickinson, (1859-1943) was one of the originators of the League of Nations, and Chairman of the League of Nations Society. Details are given in Who Was Who.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given to the Library by the Rt. Hon. Viscountess Davidson D. B. E. in 1963.
- Dickinson | Willoughby Hyett | 1859-1943 | 1st Baron Dickinson | politician (Person)
- League of Nations (Organisation)
- League to Enforce Peace (Organisation)
- Catalogue of the archive of Sir Willoughby Hyett Dickinson, later Baron Dickinson, concerning the League of Nations movement
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Conversion to EAD supported by the Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation.