Literary manuscripts by, and relating to Louis MacNeice, n.d.
- (fols. 1-2) a holograph poem by MacNeice, 'Epitaf for Luis', n.d. [1929? a version was published in Sir Galahad 1 (1), 21 Feb. 1929, p. 9], with (fols. 3-4) notes by Christopher Holme about the poem, 1971
- (fols. 5-9) photocopies of index cards listing MacNeice radio broadcasts, n.d.
- (fols. 10-53) an incomplete cyclostyled radio play by MacNeice, 'He Had a Date', 1966
- (fol. 54) a letter to Christopher Holme from 'Bob', 1969
- (fols. 55-66) a photocopy of a typescript reminiscence, 'I saw comparatively little of Louis', n.d.
- Creation: 1966-71
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. c. 5893, fols. 1-2].
MS. Eng. c. 5893
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 10395
Literary manuscripts by, and relating to, Louis MacNeice, n.d.
Biographical / Historical
Frederick Louis MacNeice CBE (1907-1963) was a British poet and playwright who was part of the generation of the 'Auden Group'.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought from Anthea Holme, 1995
- Literary manuscripts by, and relating to Louis MacNeice, n.d.
- EAD Version 2018
- Language of description
- Script of description