Papers of and relating to Austin and Katharine Farrer
MS. Eng. c. 8372
Held in our offsite storage facility
- (fols. 1-2) a printed programme for C.S. Lewis’s memorial service, Magdalen College, 30 Nov 1963
- (fols. 4-7) a typescript of Farrer’s Lewis memorial address, annotated by Farrer, with (fol. 3) a 17-line manuscript draft beginning ‘The most remarkable thing about C S Lewis’
- (fol. 8) a cyclostyled copy of Farrer’s sermon preached at the ordination of Richard Nevius, 10 May 1961
- (fols. 9-12) an autograph account by Farrer, beginning ‘I can’t see that there will ever be a better time than the present to learn a new technique of sleeping’ (concerning Katharine Farrer)
- (fol. 13) a printed poem by Farrer, ‘Dies Irae’, (S.P.C.K., 1957)
- (fol. 14) a printed poem by Farrer, ‘Hymnus de Sancto Edmundo’, n.d.
- (fols. 15-23) a cyclostyled copy of Farrer’s sermon ‘Ultimate Hope’, preached at St Andrew’s Church, Headington, Oxford, 22 December 1968 and (simultaneously?) broadcast on BBC Radio 4
- (fols. 24-5) a printed programme for Farrer’s memorial service, Keble College Chapel, 1 Feb 1969.
- 1957-69, n.d.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. c. 8372, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
MS. Eng. c. 8372
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 12633
Papers of and relating to Austin and Katharine Farrer, 1957-69, n.d.
Biographical / Historical
Austin Marsden Farrer (1904-1968) was a theologian and philosopher. His wife Katharine was a novelist.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Walter Hooper, 6 November 2001.
- Papers of and relating to Austin and Katharine Farrer, 1957-69, n.d.
- Finding aid prepared by Original catalogue by Judith Priestman. EAD version by Matthew Neely 2017
- Language of description
- Script of description